Survival in the Bush incorporated is mainly about one thing: “Providing clients with the best survival training available!” Our wilderness survival courses are designed to prepare the participant both physically and mentally. You’ll be better equipped to cope with unexpected, unplanned, and stressful emergencies such as the loss of camping gear. You will learn not to fight nature, but cooperate with her, since she is an impartial although unforgiving partner. These programs are tailored to meet your specific needs. Our hands on, realistic courses range from introductory weekend outings to two weeks simulations. All survival courses are practiced in a wilderness setting.
Our instructors are well qualified and knowledgeable individuals. They have experience teaching wilderness survival skills in various realistic, outdoor environments, usually under stringent conditions. Each instructor has completed many courses as a student, and later as the fields assistant. All followed an intensive program involving skills development, group dynamics, safety considerations and leadership training.
In these courses you will learn:
The psychology of wilderness survival
Stress management techniques
How to skin and prepare wild game for food
How to make tools and survival gear
Fire building, including the use of flint and steel, the firebow, and batteries
How to identify poisonous plants and to recognize and consume edible ones
Basic search and rescue techniques
How to utilize a car in emergency situations
How to enhance your personal skills through group dynamics
How to build and use distress signals
To utilize a number of wilderness emergency first aid techniques
Demonstrating fire starting with flint and steel for Bluewater outdoor Education...
• Due to increased demand, Survival in the Bush Inc. courses are now conducted privately.
• Contact Survival in the Bush Inc. to book your private course program(s).
• When booking the services of Survival in the Bush Inc., funds are due upon confirmation of booking.
• If withdrawing with less than 60 days notice prior to course commencement, there is no refund.
• If withdrawing with 61 days or greater before your course start date, a 50% cancellation fee is automatically deducted from the full booking cost.
• A private 5 hour course fee, per person, per program, is $268.88 + applicable taxes + mandatory texts/equipment.
• Survival in the Bush Inc. reserves the right to refuse a student’s participation in any course should safety become a factor.
• All courses are subject to applicable sales tax.
• Note: Clients are responsible for all transportation, gear, park fees, and meals while on course.