Established, organized and instructed numerous courses at Humber College, Toronto; Laurentian University, Sudbury; Seneca College, Toronto; Georgian College, Barrie; and Loyalist College, Bancroft, Canada.
Designed and taught workshops for ORCA, Scouting groups, and other outdoor organizations.
Been highlighted at the Ontario Out-of-Doors Hunting and Fishing shows.
Trained personnel from the Department of National Defence, Canadian Space Agency, Ministry of Mines and Northern Development, Aviation candidates from Seneca College, and Ontario Hydro.
Offered survival courses to many private firms and educational organizations including Falconbridge, Inc., Memorial University and Lakehead University.
Was featured on the Great Outdoorsman Television show.
Presently working with a number of aboriginal bands to teach individuals a series of wilderness living skills.
Dr. Gino F. Ferri is the Director of Survival in the Bush, Inc., a company which acts as an instructional and consulting firm for groups of educators, students, hunters, anglers, executives, outdoor enthusiasts, and others interested in mastering any number of wilderness survival skills.
In 1977, at Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, he established a year-round wilderness survival programme.
Gino has traveled extensively in the Canadian northlands, and has taught survival techniques to the Inuit, Metis, and Native people. His book, The Psychology of Wilderness Survival has been called “the most-comprehensive book ever written on wilderness survival” by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. All copies of the first edition were sold out within two weeks of publication. Gino is presently the Wilderness Experience Certificate Programme Co-ordinator at Loyalist College, Bancroft Campus in Ontario, Canada. He also prepares expeditions for private organizations, interested individuals, and various educational institutions.
• Due to increased demand, Survival in the Bush Inc. courses are now conducted privately.
• Contact Survival in the Bush Inc. to book your private course program(s).
• When booking the services of Survival in the Bush Inc., funds are due upon confirmation of booking.
• If withdrawing with less than 60 days notice prior to course commencement, there is no refund.
• If withdrawing with 61 days or greater before your course start date, a 50% cancellation fee is automatically deducted from the full booking cost.
• A private 5 hour course fee, per person, per program, is $268.88 + applicable taxes + mandatory texts/equipment.
• Survival in the Bush Inc. reserves the right to refuse a student’s participation in any course should safety become a factor.
• All courses are subject to applicable sales tax.
• Note: Clients are responsible for all transportation, gear, park fees, and meals while on course.